
Well two of my foster babies, Miho and Cena, left today with a really sweet deaf woman. She saw them and just fell in love and didn't want to put them down! I had to write everything down to her for the adoption and she was really patient with us as we were with her. After the adoption she just couldn't contain her joy as she left with my two babies all grown up.

My fluffy boy Kimba also got adopted and is leaving on Wed!


So ~ since my last post I've picked up 4 new foster babies. 3 are SO tiny! and the other is just as sweet as can be! She's a little princess and wants all the attention. Lol she also has what I call a 'beagle' tail xD Mostly ALL beagles have that white tip at the end of their tails. No deaths this year so far and this is a good thing! I think I'm pacing myself A LOT better than in the past. I may have around 18 cats in my house but the set up I have for them makes it SO much better and a lot more manageable. I have two condos and they are both split into 4 separate cages. Plenty of room for them and I can split them up by their age groups or how big they are. I won't take anymore than what I can fit in those 4 sections =) I've set my limit. No more 30 cats in my house at one time!!! O_O
Also we have that free roaming cat room at the shelter so once they are old enough I can put them in there so people can see them all the time and they have a better chance at adoption! Here's the link to our live web cam to the cat room! Take a look!
~~CAT CAM!~~

Finally decided on the Tankini for my Busch Gardens trip =D I got quite a few replies and the Tankini won out. It was a close call ^^. I also figured that the Tankini might work better as it covers more and I won't burn up as much~! Also my friend Char is wearing a Tankini as well so we can match ^^.
On another note Will and I have made some big changes and also very hard decisions. I'll go with the not so depressing one first.
Our ferrets have been given to a ferret rescue. They are no longer ours, but they all have a really nice home and a very good person to take care of them. We miss them but both Will and
I decided that it was just too much - we don't want to give up fostering so we are finding out that we don't really have to own so many pets but foster them instead. And I don't have to stick to just fostering cats! I've fostered a chinchilla and ferrets before! We believe this works out to be better than actually trying to own and save every living thing on earth! 



On the down side...............one of our sugar gliders "Poki" died this past week.
It was VERY unexpected and strange as we do not know the cause of her death. Sugar Gliders are colony animals - so in the wild if they are sick or anything like that they will hide their sickness until they are dead or near death. They do this because if any of the colony members find out that they are sick - they will kick them out of the colony to
fend for themselves. Sugar Gliders still have this instinct when they are in captivity. 
She was eating/drinking and acting her normal peppy self. Then one night when we went to change their water and give them fresh food. Will found her dead on the bottom of the cage. No injuries, no hairloss, nothing. We had just taken both of them out the other day shopping with us and they were both fine! We are dumbfounded and place guilt on ourselves not knowing or seeing things before they got worse. We miss her as she was the most tame one out of the two and was always so active. =( RIP Poki.




And that's it for now! Today we're heading out to Chick-fil-A for lunch and going to Church this evening =) Here's my outfit for the day. Is it just me or is it getting hotter and hotter? o.O

Yay! Tankini wiiins <3 Hearing about the deaf woman adopting 2 of your kittens sounds really endearing, if only I could....D; Sorry about Poki, was he yours or Will's? I forget.
ReplyDeletePoki was mine =( the more social one. We're still working on the other - even more so now because we don't want her to get depressed or lonely.
ReplyDelete