Welcome ~Nya!

Dec 7, 2014

Firstly and unfortunately, I am saddened to write that one of my uncles passed away right before Thanksgiving. It was sudden and very upsetting to hear. My thoughts and prayers are extended out to my Aunt and cousins. I remember him teaching me how to play T-ball/baseball when I was younger; that’s only one of the many memories. The last memory I have of him is when he helped Will and I get my car back. I was sick at the time and unable to drive. My car was stuck at the shelter because Will had to bring me home from work one day. So my uncle rode up there with us and then drove my car back home. He said he liked my little scion and I remember him saying that he didn’t mind it because he likes to drive. It’s really hard losing a family member right before the holidays. If you are a family member or friend reading this and want to help then here is a link to do so for my Aunt. Love and prayers.

Caring For Momma


As for my blog update – there have been quite a few events. Our 8th year anniversary just passed and we celebrated by spending time down in North Carolina. We traveled to Carolina Beach and Atlantic Beach. We also when to  photo ocean4_zps12bed30d.jpgtwo aquariums and got to get on the USS North Carolina Battleship that served in WWII. It was a very nice trip even though it rained most of the time. I was thrilled to see Eastern Brown Pelicans and numerous shorebirds in the wild! For both hotels we had beach views but the last hotel we stayed at we were on the top floor and had an even better view.
 photo btank3_zps0e7c838d.jpg
The aquariums were great. I spent a lot of my time around the touch pools and the re-creation of a German U-boat shipwreck tank. We got to see a live baby sea turtle up close as well as an albino rat snake. Seahorses are still my absolute favorite sea animal though. I even got a plush from one of the aquarium shops.

We spent some time walking down the beach and got to see tons of ghost crabs! Super fast and crazy little critters! They were fun to try and catch up to so we could get good pictures of them. Will even found a really tiny one! But I snagged an AWESOME photo with my AWSOME skillz XD – took me forever and I literally had to hold my breath but I got the picture and I love it =D It reminds me of a Chompie from the game Skylanders. photo crab3_zps04a19eeb.jpg

The Battleship was a unique experience and a last minute decision but I’m glad we made it. It was SO BIG and I don’t know how people didn’t get lost on that ship! There were 9 different levels to explore from top to bottom. The sun was setting as well so we got some beautiful shots off the ship.
 photo ondeck11_zpsa40e75b0.jpg photo ondeck7_zpsf31ce30f.jpg photo IMG_9769_zps50b8f322.jpg
All in all it was a successful trip and I wouldn’t mind going back there again, but when it's more sunny next time =)
 photo 11-22-140_zps8e79ae85.jpg
Another update is that all my foster kitties are gone and I have officially started school taking online classes for Forestry/Wildlife Conservation and Management. So far it is going great and I’m actually ahead of schedule! Considering I work 10 hr days and still squeeze in some reading afterwards I think I’m doing pretty well. It’s interesting but there’s a lot of material to go through. I spent 6 hours on my day off doing school work and getting one section completed – I had a headache afterwards x_x but I’m ahead so it paid off! My next goal is finishing school and getting a career diploma!

So since I’m doing school and work my therapist says that this would be a good time for a break from fostering all together. The goal is not to foster anything until April 2015 – that is a long time and I’m not sure if that’s a goal I’ll be able to reach but we’ll see what happens. School and work are both big things and he wants to keep them separate for a while and not bring work home…which is what I do a lot. It’s 'un-needed' stress in this time of doing something for me which is furthering my education in the field I’m interested in.

And lastly I have to end with my video games ~ I just received Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix in the mail and I love love love it XD I even got a Heartless Plush ~ I’m excited to start it soon as soon as I get my guide. I have started my FFXIII Lightning Returns game –AWESOME as always XD just really tedious! FF games are like a learning experience within itself and take a while to complete if you’re like me and like to read every detail in the game guide. I really love how Lightning can have different schemata (outfits) including Cloud and Aerith from FFVII! I really hate the time limit in the game though. I have 13 days to save the world...actually just 7 I have to prolong the end of the world for 13 - ugh. One game that I started recently as well is Little Big Planet Karting. That is something I can just care freely play without getting all into detail and focused. I love playing the customized tracks! I also have my DMC game (the reboot), but I haven’t broken into that one yet. ~~Ah, just talking about it makes me want to start playing more >w< !

No comments:

Post a Comment