
New Year and I have no resolutions – I feel like I have enough on my plate so I don’t think I need to add anymore. The goal of finishing my career degree in Wildlife/Forestry Conservation and Management is quite enough for now!
Christmas was nice and hectic at the same time. Running from place to place really took its toll on Will and I. We were all holidayed out by New Years and were in bed by 9:30 haha. As for gifts I did receive my Total Gym Fit and even though I got it before Christmas and Will
didn’t really consider it a Christmas gift I took it as one because it’s all I really wanted =) Besides we both can use it so it’s really a gift to ourselves =D. So far I’m enjoying it.
I’ve used it every week since I got it at least twice a week. The first time I used it I over did it a bit and couldn’t get back on it for 3 days because I hurt so bad – building muscle is painful but I enjoy it xD So far I’ve kept my commitment on not fostering or taking in any wildlife until April. This time of year doesn’t have many temptations since the number of infant animals drops significantly. But come closer to spring time I may be tested a bit. We are also headed to England at the end of March (joy joy – yes that is sarcasm). Even though I’ve been 9 times it still doesn’t get easier for me. But every time I always tell
myself “I’m going to do better.” Yeah that worked last time, until I got food poisoning! I just would like ONE time where I don’t get sick or some type of sickness when I go over there – just one time so cross your fingers and pray that this time will be that one time! Another thing I would like to mention that I have started to notice over the past few months is how other people perceive me. Since my FMLA leave of about 2-3months due to being unstable in mind and body (will not go into detail) I feel like my outlook is different. I don’t feel like I’ve change a whole ton but to others, particularly family they are noticing more of a change. They haven’t told me if this is a good or bad thing o_o. For instance the way I interact with people, my mom has told me I’ve become more ‘sociable’? I think that’s at least along the line of the term she
used – maybe. Open is another term that I’m associating with what she’s trying to say. Maybe I’m starting to express my views in a more honest, open, manner that doesn’t give off a negative effect (to certain people I guess). It’s more as a ‘matter-of-fact’ attitude maybe. I have also found that at my job since being placed up at the front desk quite a few times I am more talkative with customers and find ways around a tense situation instead of running away like I usually would do (don’t get me wrong – if it gets too heated – I’m outta there!).
For example, I was doing a reclaim of an animal and there are fees involved. I always hate telling the owners the total fees because it can either go very good or very bad. This particular person was obviously
upset but handed over her credit card anyway. I kept my upbeat tone in my voice trying hard not to be intimidated and said “thank you”. As I was swiping her card I could hear her complaining under her breath – I ignored her and when I was done with her card and needed her to sign I gave her the receipt to sign and placed her card on top of the receipt and said, “That is a really cute picture on your card! I really like it!” Her voice changes dramatically and she says, “I know right! Everyone thinks it’s my dog but nope just a picture the company let me choose from, it is cute.” Totally different than when she was complaining and focused on the fees. I then happily grabbed a leash and led her to her dog’s kennel. I got her dog out for her and his feet were covered in fecal matter that he’d walked through. She was upset and asked if she could spray him off with a hose outside. I told her that I wouldn’t advise it because it is so cold out so I directed her to our laundry room and graciously helped her wash her dogs feet. I dried the dog’s feet for her and she was very very grateful that I was helping her.
She said, “I’m sorry, I know you don’t have time for this. I just don’t want my dog to get my boyfriend’s car dirty.” I told her it was not a problem and that if he didn’t want her dog all over his seats then she could take two –three
blankets with her and keep them. She said, “Really?! Are you sure? Thank you so much! It must be because you are new here right?” I said, “No ma’am, I have worked here 7 years.” She continued to praise me for working and caring for so long and finally said, “Thank you so so much I will return your leash when I get him in the car.” And I said, “No, you can keep it. We have tons and don’t use that kind anyway.” She again thanked me and everyone else at the front desk before she left. Totally different attitude than when she came in the building – and I try to do that for all the customers – some don’t sway but it really helps just to change a subject or get their minds on something else. Now, I can say for a fact that a year or even two years ago I would have no done any of that. I always tend to keep my interactions to a minimum and I still do but I am learning to balance the two.

On another note I have also had numerous random people tell me that I look like an actress. And also have had people indirectly tell me or find me attractive. Something along the lines of, “I like redheads.” And another guy saying, “Dude, shut up, she’s married!” Haha. I would like to think I have not changed that much but ya know what – this just proves to me that attitude and confidence make you even more attractive to people – not how much make-up you cover your face with.
There are also other little things that I’m noticing in terms of me being ‘changed’ or whatnot but they are subtle. I guess hitting an all time low, finding myself, and doing something for myself really has changed me as a person, but I’m still me.

No comments:
Post a Comment