OI….

So much going on and it seems when it starts to get busy I stray from my goal path fairly quickly! So hopefully the month of May coming up is going to be better and I can get myself back on track.
Fortunately though, one new thing I’ve started recently is making use of the Cedarville State Park that’s literally 5 minutes away. They have lots of trails to hike. So for the past 3 weekends or so Will and I have been hiking those trails. Last weekend we hiked a whole 8 miles! o_o I hiked a 4 mile trail this past Wed by myself since Will was at work. Only took me an hour =) but I jogged a bit too xP.
I like hiking in the early am – the forest is packed with numerous sounds and I’m able to familiarize with the sounds when I find out what they are coming from. I didn’t know Blue jays have a very obnoxious chirp…if you want to call it a chirp o.O more like squawking. In the evening it’s pretty much dead silent while you walk. The only bad thing in the mornings when you walk is the spider webs.I have a total of 2 foster kittens right now. I did have 4 but the other two got adopted really fast. The 2 I have now are only 3-4weeks old and I’m not sure if one of them is going to make it or not. I try my hardest and it is extremely frustrating when a small kitten like that has diarrhea and you can’t find the cause. Trying different things is very hard with a small kitten because their stomach can only take so much – time is vital and always against them. The can be fine one night then find them dead in the morning – it’s painfully fast and nerve wracking.
But I try my best and TRY not to stress myself out too much - that’s hard not to do when you want to save its life. I named them Saiya and Kai.


My 3 squirrels are growing fast and are in an outside cage now. They will soon be able to be released! But this is only the beginning. Tons more wildlife just came in over the past couple days and it appears I may be getting more squirrels and possibly opossums. We’ll see how long this goes on before I loose my mind ><. It’s all good and fine when I have healthy kittens and animals, but when just that one animal is sick or falling behind into a critical state – that’s when it feels like I have 3 times more work and things to take care of. And that’s when I usually break down.
If anyone has any suggestions on how I can see this from a different perspective that won’t stress me out as much would be appreciated!
It seems I’ve strayed away, as I said before, from my resolutions a bit. The saving is slowly starting back up again (UGH – taxes killed us this year). I had an ‘episode’ again….but it was the first one in like 5-6months so I really am making progress. (For those of you that know what I am talking about). And we have not been keeping up with the sermons lately either; just been so pre-occupied with everything else that I just kind of closed myself off. At one point I felt really strong about trying to communicate with other people at church, but that feeling seemed to get pushed to the back of my mind with everything else
going on. Things get tough when you are busy and when I have any free time when I’m not taking care of animals or cleaning house, I just don’t feel like doing anything at all but just sit on my butt or have a strong longing to sleep. I think the hiking also started up because it’s kind of a way to get away. Not just home, work and pets, but from people as well (cept Will of course). It’s not the same as just going out/getting out to shop/eat because I’m still stuck in the rush of things in the city and that can be stressful in itself.
So we’ll see what the month of May brings and if I can set myself back on track and get my goals/vision straight as well as perspective of things. I’ve started to get wrapped up in the small things and not looking at the whole huge picture. I’m getting sucked into my own demise <<.
Oh yeah….my hamster died this week as well….=( I say ‘oh yeah’ because I try to forget that she died and still want to think she is still here. I still haven’t taken her cage down yet; still food/water etc in her cage. *sighs* RIP Honey Bear.

No comments:
Post a Comment