Welcome ~Nya!

Mar 12, 2013



It’s March ~~ meaning LOTS of b-days this month! Including my Hubby’s =3


Quite a bit going on so far; I finally got sum babies! I was expecting kittens first but I have 3 baby squirrels instead despite it still being a bit cool outside. They’re about 2-3 weeks old and their eyes are still closed. I have one boy and two girls ~ Everything is pretty basic – keep them warm – on a heating pad at all times, feed through a syringe and not a bottle (they aspirate SO much ><), and potty them after every feeding. I do this every 6 hours which isn’t too bad. Sucks getting up in the morning though, my days off I just get up at 6am – feed and then go back to sleep.

First baby squirrels of 2013 photo Sleepingbabysquirrels_zps30c415fb.jpg

Opossums are the other little mammal I feel confident in raising as well. But 3 squirrels is enough for me right now! My space is very limited in this dainty house we’re in right now ~ I still have to make room to put up my cat condo for the kittens when they arrive!

Speaking of making room for things….if anyone has a storage cabinet that they no longer want and it has doors on it – I will take it! We need all the storage space we can get! Yesterday I started a bit of spring cleaning. I tore everything out of our hallway cabinets and Will bought an additional storage cabinet. –So much stuff! We have a box full of paper/cardboard for recycling as well as one for plastics. We got rid of quite a bit so far – I’m still not done yet.

A lot of other stuff we have packed away in boxes to be opened when we finally move into our new house. Things that are more for décor but we have no place to put them right now. Will has been busy selling things left and right and even a few of my things that I no longer want. Ugh – I just want everything to be organized and go where it should – drives me nuts.

As for my resolutions ~ everything is going slowly. Only 3 months in! And some nights we did miss church BUT they have all their sermons up on you tube or you can listen to them on their site =) so the nights we missed we just watched at home ^^. Taxes have basically set us back a little on the car payments plus car insurance which is due in the same month >< but it will pass and we’ll get back on track again.

We have decided to take another trip to the south! We are headed for Atlanta, GA in November! I’ve already got everything planned out, the hotel, tickets, and approx costs for everything ~ I guess one big trip makes up for all the little trips we don’t take ^^. We are going to get a City Pass which allows us to see the zoo, aquarium, coca-cola world, cnn news behind the scenes, and the natural history museum. We are also going to hit the big aircraft museum south of Atlanta. On top of that we are getting passes for a wild encounter! We’ll get to go behind the scenes and interact/feed with giant pandas!!! XDDD was SO not going to give up this opportunity! So yeah, I’m excited.

Lol and I’ve also started to plan another trip near Myrtle Beach in SC; for a year or two after the GA trip.

T.I.G.E.R.S Preservation Station and Safari!

Complete hands on with baby tiger cubs and many other species. Most if not all of these animals are free-roaming! This will cost a pretty penny but it is well worth the experiences of a lifetime!

So those are two things I have to look forward to and to keep me moving. Gotta work hard!

By the end of this year I expect to have my full rehab license, car payments paid off or close to it, more than half of the $$ we have saved up now, hands on experience with giant pandas, and a more successful relationship with fellow believers at church and more importantly with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment