Welcome ~Nya!

May 26, 2013



Woo ~ Birthday month May. And it’s such a busy time with animal babies so here are some updates ^^


I have now a total of 10 foster kittens. Their ages range from 3 weeks old to 8 weeks old and they are definitely a handful. Originally I was only going to take 3 at most but….well that just didn't work out as planned!

I just worked out my foster stats actually. I'm on my 6th year of fostering! My total kittens that I have fostered come to 206!! But I did lose 24 kittens over those years. It can be trying sometimes – especially when I lose them. A lot of the ones I lost were ones I took in because they were sickly in the first place and tried to save them, but anyone in an animal business knows that you just can’t save them all – kittens are very fragile when they are so young like that. --Anywayz, here are some pics of some of the fosters I have right now ~ in order - Ruri, Nuna, Jawa, Kahli, Lunetta, Minu, Jinta, and Haru. Then I still have Saiya and Kai from my last post =)

 photo DSC02603_zps45ebc6af.jpg photo DSC02588_zps8a40b063.jpg photo DSC02580_zps4d36b9ff.jpg photo DSC02513_zps8f8d2dc0.jpg photo DSC02328_zpsbb025837.jpg photo DSC02321_zpsfb83e15b.jpg photo DSC02320_zps54863212.jpg photo DSC02319_zpsa29b0b36.jpg

My 3 squirrels that I raised from when their eyes were closed are finally released! They love the outdoors and still come back for some treats every now and then. I know eventually they won’t come back at all so I've savoring it for now. My 6 baby opossums are now in the outside cage and are doing well. They are growing as they should and eating everything. Soon enough their release date will come as well.
 photo DSC02282_zpsc5f75cbb.jpg photo DSC02273_zpsaec030a8.jpg

There is also a ton of wildlife at Lisa’s (Suburban Wildlife). So many baby raccoons, fawns, opossums, squirrels, even two baby foxes! It takes tons of hours to take care of so many and I've been helping out when I can. If you want to help out wildlife just go to their website and donate! Or if you are in the area then you can donate things that are needed on their wish list like towels, baby bottles, trash bags, baby wipes etc…

Suburban Wildlife Rescue!

My birthday was okay – the zoo we went to needed a lot of work done to it. The habitats were not suited well for the animals put in them. They were either too small or the habitats were too crowded. So I was not impressed. I did hear construction so hopefully they are building bigger enclosures. The one thing I did enjoy was the Koi Garden and the fact that they had quite a few zoo babies ^^. After that we went to Olive Garden –yum yum! I also got a few little gifts I bought for myself. A new t-shirt and necklace from Hip Hop Candy ~ so kawaii!!
 photo HappyBirthdayColls25thatOliveGarden_zps5b8c3183.jpg
My resolutions are hanging in the air at this point in time. I’m not pressuring myself and I'm just going with the flow for now. I'm keeping busy and have been cleaning like mad! I’m just focusing on keeping my stress levels at a reasonable/manageable range since I did take on so many little lives. I am keeping up with my trail jogging at the park – usually doing the 4 mile or 7 mile trail. That does help me ‘get away’ from things for the amount of time I'm out there and definitely wears me out – which is a good thing.

I’m satisfied with how things are going right now and there are some little things I would like to do, but just need to find the time to do them. I will get there – eventually =). I always want to do my yoga and aerobics but just haven't had the time for them and have been settling myself with jogging for now.

 photo DSC02676_zps17c342f3.jpg photo DSC02651_zps31c13d33.jpg photo DSC02459_zps9b776e72.jpg photo DSC02437_zps41bccb51.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment