Welcome ~Nya!

Feb 19, 2013



Only in the second month of the year but it feels like it’s been forever! So far so good and since my last post I’ve accomplished some things I’d like to say =).


I’ve gotten back into my wildlife rehabilitator ambition ~ seems I just needed a little break from it all – including fostering but now I’m just so ready for the first baby kitten, squirrel, or opossum to drop in. And I’m sure I’ll be wishing they’ll stop once they all start coming in! Not far away now – spring is just around the corner so I have to be prepared – mentally I mean.

I’ve gone to 2 classes and have my certificates. Another one is in April. So I have my 12 continuing education credits and only need 37 more hours to reach my 200 mark =D. By the end of this year I will be eligible for an actual rehabber license. I’m just an apprentice right now, but even when I get my license, to me, I’ll still be an apprentice till I gain even more experience and hands on. I don’t care what a piece of paper says! Like I always say – experience is WAY better than book work. Or in other terms…that well known saying,

“A thousand books is not worth one journey”
or
“Hearing something 100 times is not as good as seeing it once”
–both Chinese proverbs I believe =)

Valentine’s Day
We don’t really celebrate it at all, but we are still conscious of it. I never expect anything at all and he never expects anything from me. I know he loves me and he knows I love him ~ but he went out and got me flowers. And it was all different kinds in one bouquet. Lilies, roses, daisies, carnations (I think), and some other flowers I don’t know what they are ~ but it was so sweet and pretty ^^ just sucks that they won’t last long. I was sick all last week too so it cheered me up.
V-Day Flowers 2013 photo flowers_zpsa242ad2d.jpg

We adopted the little stray feral kitten that showed up at our house some months ago. He’s probably around 8 to 9 months old. He has become a lot more friendly and trusting of us so we took advantage of that to get him fixed, chipped, and his shots. He didn’t come near us for a while after that but he’s starting to trust again.  photo NewkittyToppi_zpsbb460ebf.jpgWe named him “Toppi” (pronounced ‘toe-pee’ not ‘top- pee’). I should say that he actually adopted us ~ we have other cats that stop by but they never stay around. Toppi is definitely a hunter and is good at catching things. He always eats them too which it’s better that he doesn’t waste. But I stuck a bell on his collar anyway and it has seemed to help some. He's very talkative and sweet =3.

I don’t like to get into gov’t stuff but geez…taxes really suck! We were filing jointly but we end up paying more that way than if we file separate. Which most people say that if married couples file jointly they should pay less but that is not how it works! Not for us anyway. So we filed separate this year so we don’t have to pay as much. Ugh, Will says it’s because we have nothing for us to exempt or whatever – if we had a mortgage then we could use that to our advantage, but I’m in no rush to get a house anymore – nope – not in this economy! When God wants us to have a house that’s when we’ll get one – no point in rushing it! I want to at least pay off the car first~

Still keeping up with most of my resolutions – haven’t missed church yet and I haven’t given into myself in a hurtful way – those were my main two. The car payments are coming along nicely as we’ve been overpaying to get it paid off faster. Not going out as much anymore and have cut back quiet a bit. But it’s only February! Nine more months to go!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh yeah - I had to share this pic of my cat Fable...he is highly obsessed Fable and water bowl photo Fableandhiswaterbowl_zps709e2d58.jpgwith water that when the bowl gets to half way low or lower he will sit on the bowl until someone fills it up. He likes to be on the side of the tub when you shower too.

No comments:

Post a Comment