Welcome ~Nya!

Nov 21, 2012

Thanksgiving is here and that always means ‘wedding’ anniversary to me So I am always very thankful that I have my husband even though a lot of people never thought it would last or we would never make it seeing as we are from different parts of the world! But we did and Thanksgiving always reminds me of that. November 25th 2006 – six years.

Every time I play that song on DDR “Look at Us Now” by Sarina Paris I always think ‘this song fits us so well’ =).


Going to Disney in less than a week! – Maybe that’s why I can’t sleep very well lately o.O. Started packing some stuff but still have lots more to pack! Got my fish tanks all cleaned up and working on the critter cages next. Also started making a new playlist for my mp3 player – Lots of new songs! Found a new band I like and they are Korean. F.T Island – the first song I heard by them I liked. It’s different. Lol sounds Mexican but pop/rock-ish too!



Also have Gackt's latest songs as well as L’arc~en~Ciel and TMR. My three Japanese favs. Gotta have lots of music for a 12-15hr drive! So if anyone has any suggestions as to Asian pop/rock music – any language – then post me.

No more fostering! My last kitten got adopted last week and my bottle baby went to another foster home – just in time for my vaca. We’ve put Photobucketour condo away and are taking a break (for how long I dunno). It wore down on me a lot, especially with work being stressful as well and then trying to do my wildlife hours – too much all at once – I never gave myself a chance to catch up or breathe. I know I will start it back up again eventually – it’s addicting. I mean – how can you say no to a 3 week old kitten all by itself in a cage staring back at you mewing constantly as if to tell you ‘take me! Take me!’ tooo cuuute! >w<

I have a soft spot for the singles and black kittens. Just have to watch how many I take. This year I didn’t do too bad with fostering – I think I had 5 or 6 max at one time – but with all the other stresses and a few of the kittens dying on me – it really added up to boiling point. Going to try better next year and maybe rehabilitate some wildlife too.

New Skylanders Giants game! We bought it the day it came out as well as every new character. We are all caught up now and have the game half done already; waiting for the other new characters. I think it’s one of the only games that Will and I play together very often – it’s def for kids like 8-12 but who cares XP.



Well – Thanksgiving is tmrw but we’re celebrating it today cuz it works out better family wise. Ugh, Will gets –not upset- but a little irritated I guess at some of my other siblings. This year we decided that we would order a turkey, made with the dressing/gravy/stuffing inside etc – that’s the main part of Thanksgiving and it’s not cheap! Mom really was stressing over all the food that she had to cook for everyone and was thinking about not even having ham mainly because of the expense but also cuz she has cook everything else. After Will and I told her that we ordered the turkey she was ecstatic and even offered to pay half the cost. We basically made her day when we said we’d bring the turkey already cooked and stuffed. She was just really happy.

I guess what Will is getting at is that we always try to help out. It’s a lot of work to cook that much food by yourself and expensive. All of us kids are grown adults now and SHOULD pitch in. We all have jobs and can manage to spend a little bit of money to help out instead of just showing up expecting everything to be done, eat, and leave the mess for mom to clean up.

One Thanksgiving –or Christmas- we had all eaten and ppl were starting to leave. Mom had some other place to be and was running short on time, but there was a HUGE pile of dishes and it was just a mess. Will and I ended up staying there and we did the dishes for her – when she got home late that night she was surprised to see everything cleaned and very thankful.


Not one other person pitched in to help or even offered. I don’t care if you’re family or not – that is just plain rude to show up empty handed, take what you can, and then leave. At least OFFER to help out. Will gets more riled up about this than me but the more I analyze it the more I realize it and understand. And that doesn’t mean to go out and buy the cheapest food you can find/ off brands etc…don’t be stingy about it.

I know Will and I are the more ‘stable’ of the siblings but that doesn’t mean that they can’t help out at all! Don’t even have to buy anything – could just show up early and help whoever is cooking with the food or setting up the table etc...

But anywayz, that’s my rant for the day ha ha ~ Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment