to see how I am doing. So I’ll keep posting to ensure ya’ll that I’m still alive and living. Okay! First off I want to thank all my friends for being there for me through difficult times. Even if you aren’t physically here you still send a message or am open to my ranting when I need it.
These past few weeks have been quiet rough. Not too long after my last post my brother had gotten in a one car accident and killed his best friend. The circumstances are still under ‘investigation’ as they say. My brother broke his femur and now has to live with his best friend’s death for the rest of his life. This is really hard on both families and I don’t handle these situations well. With everything else going on it just added immensely to my stress.

Things go on that I don’t talk about – even to my friends. It’s not as simple as ‘brushing it off’. This was a big deal – that made everything else seem like a big deal. ---But my brother is recovering pretty well physically – but it’s all just started. I’m sure there will be a court date, fines, and other things that he has yet to deal with and has no clue what’s about to hit him. It bothers me that there isn’t anything I can do for him about his friend and what he has to endure – I have been coping pretty well recently as time passes, but it’s always in the back of my mind. I just have to keep telling myself that I’ve done all that I can do – it’s up to him now.
Numerous other events have been happening in my own personal life as well as work – ugh. Lots of changes are going on and I don’t like them. The work load at work is just ridiculous and the county doesn’t care that we need more people because that would mean more money from their pockets. It’s gotten to the point where people just don’t want to be at work anymore but we do it because we care – well…I know I do it because I care about the animals – I can’t speak for anyone else.
I have 4 foster kittens right now, but I feel like I have 10. Two of the little kittens have mucus diarrhea and one doesn’t want to eat. Little problems like this make it appear that I have a lot more on my plate than I can handle. It stresses me out SO much when my fosters are not ‘healthy’ or doing well. It drives me completely insane trying to figure out what is wrong with them and why aren’t they getting better. It’s a struggling battle against time, because tiny kittens don’t have a lot of time when they are sick =(
*sighs* I feel like my wildlife ambition is completely wasted. Because of work and personal life being so hectic I haven’t had the time or the will power to do my volunteer work with wildlife. I still need 12 continuing education credits for my full license and I’m going to miss the first class because it’s on the one Saturday out of the month I work. Saturdays are not easy to cover. Class space is limited and there aren’t very many classes to begin with.
I’m beginning to have second thoughts about the whole thing. I think I would be happy just volunteering when needed. If things get better and I get my license then great! But it’s not at the top of my list for now. I’m satisfied being able to have the chance to be around the wildlife. I still have a lot to learn.
It’s been just over a week now that I’ve lost my cat, Tennya. She went missing on Sept 25th and neither Will nor I have seen her since. She is micro chipped and has a collar with tags. This past Sunday we made flyers and put one in all our neighbors mailboxes and hung two up on stop signs. We also searched the woods behind our house to see if she got stuck anywhere or if we could find any clues………..that was a BAD idea.
I basically got eaten alive by seed ticks. I don’t even know how many we picked off my body. I am COVERED in bites from head to toe. I could not sleep Sunday night or Monday night. I had a slight fever Tuesday and chills. My body was just sucked dry of any energy I had. I have taken showers over and over, like 3 showers a day at least! I have put sprays, creams, and have taken Benadryl pills for the past 3 days. I even thought about going to the ER yesterday because of my fever and chills – not good – it was THAT bad.

Instead of going to the ER I knocked myself out with NyQuil and am now going to the doctors today. Sleep was prob what I needed most because I feel a little bit better today – more energy. Still slightly groggy though but it’s expected with over 100 freaking tick bites on me. I just hope I can get something for the soreness/itch from the docs; or something to just make me SLEEP.
;_; I hope they don’t scar…
I also am way over due for a therapist appt which I also have today. The last session was not a good one as I was completely distraught. So I’m hoping today will be better and my coping skills have at least gone up one point. They better have after all I’ve done these past couple weeks!
Aaand I’ll just end this on a good note. I am taking a vacation. A well NEEDED and DESERVED one. I haven’t taken a ‘long’ vacation in a while – the last time I asked for like 2 weeks off was when Will when to Hong Kong…and that wasn’t a vacation…it was torture.
We are taking a trip to Flordia =D WALT DISNEY WORLD – this November. We’re kinda taking it as an anniversary trip in a way. We are leaving the day after our anniversary and will be there for a week.
Can not wait =)
No comments:
Post a Comment