
Christmas was a success! It was our first time hosting and it went smoothly. It was really nice having a pot luck style dinner – that way you have lots of food and no one has to spend all day and night cooking. Will and I didn’t ask for anything for Christmas. We were just happy hosting it and having family come over. Though, we never really ask for anything. I did buy Will some things like Star Wars books and chocolate. I got two PS4 games and a game guide from him -^^-. Final Fantasy Type-0 was so good but so sad. Yup, I’ve already finished the game.




We are also pretty much settled in. Our nice sectional couch arrived this past week! So far we are loving it - every seat reclines except the middle one on the 3 seater and that's because the back of it folds down into two extra cupholders and a small table. We also got a small media cabinet to fit all our games in. For the most part we are settled; kitchen, bathrooms, and our bedroom - the main ones =D There are
many other things on our list to get but the top priority is beds for our spare bedrooms! 
Some other things that we want aren’t really needed – mostly décor like a wall mural for our dining room. The cats are all settled in nicely and know their boundaries. We never found Toppi and we just hope that he’s found another family to feed him and maybe some other kitty buddies. We still want to add cat shelves for the cat room and a large patio for them to sunbathe on but that will be down the line. We’ve spent so much so far we really need to take a break. I guess we have years to settle in.



This year is going to be an eventful one I just know it. Our 10 year anniversary is going to be spent making it finally 'official' to Will's family that we are married. I'm kind of nervous since I know I'll definitely be the odd one out >.o I think I'll just be standing there like a wall flower for the most part.
I was also excited about Will's parents possibly coming over to the US for the first time to visit us, but it seems it just may not happen this year - it's sort of up in the air at this point in time. We were hoping for March/April sometime but they have other things going on at home right now.
It's crazy but my feelings about them coming over don't pertain to me at all. My Grandparents are actually why I want them to visit. My Pap always talks about how he wants to meet them and ya know he isn't getting any younger; even though he may try to act like it sometimes! =)
So I guess what I'm saying is I really would like them to visit for him - not for Will and I because we go visit them yearly. It would just make me happy seeing Grandma and Pap happy and getting to know Will's family. When I told the rest of my family that they may visit everyone was intrigued/excited. So I know they won't have a problem feeling welcome =) It may just take a little longer for them to visit that's all.

My angelfish finally died after 6 years. He was full grown when I acquired him so he could have been at least 10 years old when he died. I
was going to downgrade and just keep a small tank with maybe a betta but then I decided that I miss my angelfish and ended up getting an 8 gallon acrylic tall hex tank. I'm going to get another angel fish, neon tetras, and cory cats. It will be a bit before I have it all set up and ready for fish. Plus, aquarium stuff isn't cheap as well as the live plants. So I'll be taking my time setting everything up. I'm starting fresh - everything is going to be new; except for the one glofish and pleco I have left right now. 
Right now I would say life is good. You have your up and down times but Will and I are really enjoying the house and just seem to want to stay home at this point in time. There are little vacays I still want to go on but they've been pushed far back in my mind for now. I'm more interested in getting the spare bedrooms set up as well as the living room. Everything is still fresh for us - still feeling accomplished that we actually got a house and when we least expected it too!
And the music playing on my blog is from Final Fantasy Type-0. It's a sad song but left an impression at the beginning and end of the game. I have 14 playable characters and they all die but two. The game probably would have made a better movie. It's all about the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment