Welcome ~Nya!

Apr 23, 2015


I made it back alive! o__o For me it seemed like forever even though it was only about 2 weeks but I'm happy to finally be back in the U.S. I missed my kitties a lot. When we arrived at the airport to head to the UK I made sure I ate so I wouldn't have to eat that nasty plane food - even the smell makes my stomach churn. There was a nice restaurant right near our boarding gate and it was REALLY good - had the best chicken tenders EVER - upsetting that the only way we can go back to it is if we are heading out of the country again x_x. But it served it's purpose and I did not eat any plane food at all. I watched 3 movies, didn't sleep the whole flight, and didn't use the bathroom either. We left Sun evening around 8:30pm.

When we arrived in London at around 7:30am. My stress/anxiety wasn't too great - though getting through customs/immigration wasn't too bad, but the lines were horrible and we had to go through security TWICE -_- so that sucked. While we waited for our flight to Manchester we both were nodding off in a random over crowded waiting area....I'd close my eyes and then wake up to think
I slept for a good while when it was only 10 mins past; we both did that for about an hour until we finally got on the plane to Manchester. We slept a little bit on the way but it was only like a 40min flight. When we got to Manchester we hooked up with Will's parents and headed to their home (about an hour or so away) - I felt sick at that point and couldn't fall asleep in the car as his dad can be pretty rough when it comes to driving.


Finally getting to the house around 10ish I figured I could just hit the sack but I could not get warm even if my life depended on it. It was FREEZING inside the house even though I had on layers of clothes plus a jacket. I get even colder when I eat so I refused food all together. The jet lag was horrible and I knew my immune system was compromised at that point. I finally got warm in the evening after cuddling up with Will and we both fell asleep till the next day. So all in all we left Sun evening and didn't fully recover till Tues early afternoon.
Needless to say the weather was crap most of the time, but the days where it wasn't too bad we did go to some places like a nearby wildlife center - which was nice. I had my ups and downs (mostly downs) but tried to just push through. I did A LOT better when I had my sis with me last time - maybe because I didn't feel so secluded or singled out. Also having her with us encouraged more out time. I def think that was the only true time I actually had somewhat of a good time and it was because things were planned, I had her with me, and we weren't stuck in one place doing the same exact thing every single day. The weather was also better that time as well.


We went to a lot of places last time and this time it was just one - I don't count outings to the grocery store (I really don't get excited about grocery shopping at all). I also don't count Manchester because we just go there cuz his parents need supplies for their take out and there happened to be a gift store near by. What I count is like zoos, aquariums, parks, etc....like actual attractions. That's was really keeps me occupied/intrigued. There is nothing intriguing about sitting in a house watching tv all-day-long. We went for a few walks but that was kind of difficult seeing as how it was seriously windy and rainy most of the time. I really can't stand doing nothing for long periods of time (meaning days) and I was having extreme difficulty dealing with it. I didn't eat or leave Will's old bedroom for about 2 days straight - I was homesick to the point of depression.
With Will's support I came out of it and did better for the rest of the trip but it makes me think twice about going back....I ONLY go for Will and nothing else - I may actually just force myself to let him go by himself next time even though that kills me as well. Unless my sis goes then I'll be fine =3.


I don't think I'll ever get use to travel, but it's concluded in my mind that if there is a plan and things to actually do/see/experience then I will be fine. I am not okay with sitting around with no plans and doing nothing. I don't know how many times I've asked Will what is there nearby that we can do, but I just get the same answer as usual, 'there's nothing really around here' and even if there was he prob wouldn't know much anyway cuz he's always been a homebody...the reason he isn't when we are home is because I don't let him be - haha =P

Regardless, I am home and don't have to worry about this for another year - thank God. In the mean time I am planning a different trip or event that doesn't involve planes or immigration. See...these are the emotions I go through while traveling >>>


No comments:

Post a Comment