
October ~ despite it being cold it’s one of my favorite months of the year. Pumpkins, fall scents, colors, baking, Halloween, etc…it’s all so nostalgic. But this year seems a bit different for me. I really have no desire to do anything. I wanted to carve Pumpkins yet instead I just bought $25 worth of different sized pumpkins to put around the house and on the porch. I’m beginning to see holidays as ‘work’ and I don’t know why. We never do anything for the holidays and I think not doing anything for years has dampened my holiday spirits.
At Christmas time I use to want to buy this and that for whomever and now I just suffice by making a huge batch of cookies and calling it

quits. There is no desire anymore and it makes me sad. It’s not that I don’t want to do anything – I do! But living with someone who has never done anything on any holiday even birthdays…it’s kind of hard. I still went out and got some Halloween window clings, a small kitchen mat with matching dish towels. I love to decorate especially for
Halloween and Christmas. I would LOVE to pass out candy to kids on Halloween and dress up but I’m in a place where there are basically no little kids and a road that is not safe to travel on foot. As well as I live practically back in the woods. What’s the point in just dressing up with no where to go or anything to do? Yeah, buy or make a costume just to sit on the couch all night watching Halloween movies. I want to do more. 
---Ugh! I always want to buy things for decoration. I can’t get a Christmas tree due to my cats and the set up of where I live now. I’m so ready to move…so ready to let the cats have one part of the house and another part just for me to decorate and actually put up a Christmas tree and Halloween decorations –not to mention a yard.
Anywayz, since my last post I have gotten emotionally better. At times it’s still hard and I feel like I’ve been screwing up a lot lately. Not just at work but at home as well. I miss things or don’t think things through properly. Luray Caverns was a really nice getaway. I think I go for the Bed and Breakfast more than anything else. I love that place.








The Zoo has grown a bit as there were a few extra exhibits that weren’t there before. An African Grey was whistling at Will and dancing a bit. There were a few café’s and bakery’s that made me want to go back for more. One place had the best lemon cookies ever! Skyline Drive was closed due to the gov’t shut down so we didn’t get to do that, but the Dragon Mirror Maze and the Skyline Caverns were open. So we went through the mirror maze and settled that we would do the Caverns next time. I loved the maze and hope to do more of those in the future!

















After coming back I ended up taking two more fosters. One was because a co-worker liked him a lot and I just decided to try and help him as he had a bit of a diarrhea problem. He’s not underage and is ready to be adopted so not much stress there. The other one I just picked up not too long ago knowing that she is not well. She is very weak and I don’t expect her to make it. I am doing what I can and trying my best. As long as I’m making her comfortable that’s good enough for me. My mind has already accepted that she is on her last bit of life. At least she is experiencing love and a home before she passes.
Kiba

FreyaBack in September on the 22nd before I ‘broke down’, Will and I had the joy of experiencing a photo shoot done by Dena. It was awesome and the first time Will and I received professional-looking photos of us. We did the shoot in Jefferson Patterson Park and ended up with over 200 photos! Dena was very easy to work with and kept the mood light as Will and I had no clue what we were doing xP. In the end, after scanning through and doing my own editing on the pictures, we received gorgeous photos and I have even already ordered a photo book off Shutterfly. Thank you Dena!
Click here to view this photo book larger
Click here to create your own Shutterfly photo book.
Well, November is just around the corner and it’s getting colder by the day. We pre-released our squirrel Fruit Loop and she loves her new outside cage. She has plenty of leaves and blankets to keep her warm at night. Hopefully she will be able to be fully released soon and if not – I don’t mind wintering her over. Hmms…all that is on my mind now is our Atlanta, GA trip. We’ve booked the hotel and now waiting to get our City Passes. We plan on hitting two zoos down there and all the other attractions they offer. The closer it gets the more impatient I get!
No comments:
Post a Comment