
And Will and I's time for change has officially begun. But it is just the very beginning. We are learning/trying/and taking our time. I personally am trying to change my views in life and get my personality on the right track. The past month or so I've felt something change but I'm still not quite sure what it is. I feel different but at the same time I'm not different. I'm guessing that this will also take time.
We have finally found a church to go to thanks to my friend Patrick =). It's only about 15-20min away in La Plata off Rt 301. It's called "New Life" It's not Catholic, Baptist, Assembly of God, etc etc....This is a Non-Denominational Church and very laid back and easy. It is a very BIG church with several different buildings on the property. The pastor is awesome and very easy to understand, get along with, and very down to earth. I look forward to every Sat just to hear him preach!

So far so good. We bought a 90-day Marriage Devotional and a Bible Verse Book that we read everyday before we go to work in the mornings - sometimes in the evenings. We have more books on the way to keep our minds fresh and try to become better husband and wife and also better people in God's way. But like I said - we are JUST starting out...and starting is always the hardest part. Changing is even more so.
I am being honest with myself and I have to say. I don't like myself. Some attitudes, ways, and habits I wish I could just burn from my existence. But to do this I have to change my ways of thinking and look more from God's way and not my way. Tis is hard. To be a better person and wife I have to change myself. Going to church and learning God's ways are teaching how I can change and what I should do to be a better person as well as letting go of the past and helping me with very personal issues...I know I'm already slowly starting to do better.
I'm not gonna preach to nobody. I really don't care what your beliefs are and I don't care if you want to judge me because I do believe in God. But Will said this to me. Something he learned a while back and now I say it to whoever reads this...
So, beside that Will's b-day was good =) He was surprised and most everyone came. I reserved the room at the Old Country Buffet. Char made a cake for him which everyone liked! He got gifts he wanted. He was happy =). And of course my cat Neko was thrilled to have a balloon again! He loves to grab the string in his mouth and walk around with it - so cute! Going to England to visit his parents on April 24th and will be gone for about 2 weeks. Can't say I'm looking forward to it >> since I really hate travel. But I've gone many times before and I go for him so I'll just get it done and over with ^^;;
I hope the traveling goes well for you. And I always thought you were okay, with you being the way you were. Aside from grudges...? Haha. You'll do fine. And I'm here to help too! :)
ReplyDeleteThankies =) Last time I went to England I got really sick so I hope I do better this time.
ReplyDeleteYeah, grudges >< that I gotta let go...which isn't so easy for me! >.o I'm also still childish in some ways and need to think about other people more and not just myself. And I'll prob need all the help I can get!