Welcome ~Nya!

Feb 28, 2011

Well, V-day was super busy out so we didn't do much. We made up for it later by treating ourselves to Sakura Steakhouse in P.F - which was AWESOME. Our chef was so funny and kept adding Will into his jokes just because they were both Asian --

"Yeah man, lets show e'm some Asian power!" (high five)


And so on. Just recently saw "Just Go With It" - great movie and made us laugh through basically the whole thing. Gotta love Adam Sandler =)

Did some house cleaning - took quite a LONG time - we stayed up till 3am and we still aren't done. Just on ONE room! We bought two cabinets for organization and it helped A LOT! We got a boat load of trash on our porch now...looks like a dump from the outside >.o ~

Also bought a new couch that turns into a bed instantly AND has storage space underneath! Leather and expensive so we're paying that off in small payments before we actually bring it home (Value City is pretty good!)...besides...we gotta find out what the heck to do with our old couch! - Any takers?

Still saving up for a house but it's gonna take longer than expected. We have no credit score whatsoever...so it's impossible to buy a house. So we're settling in here and have to build up some credit before even thinking about it. So I've changed my New Years Resolution - Build up so MAJOR credit!

Update on sugar gliders:

They are doing really well! Other than Poki and her nipping habit which we are working with - she loves to be out of the cage with us and isn't afraid of us at all anymore! But that's made her a bit cheeky. Pepe is finally up to the point where I can actually pet her! Before she'd tear my hand apart and cry if I stuck it near her! Neither of them cry that much at all anymore so they are bonding well with us.

Hmms....other updates ----

Well I am headed towards 'change' - or trying to which is NOT easy for me btw. I'm done with trying to keep up with relationships other than me and my Husband. This includes: friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances, etc etc...

I have taken down my work schedule on face book. It really barely did any good whatsoever as I'm pretty much deemed non-existent. If people really want to get a hold of me or REALLY want to hang out they can leave me a message or call me. And if I'm interested in making plans I'll go out of my way to give a quick call or message....

I know I'm not the most active and interesting person and people have better things to do then go out with me and Will or sit around at my house that really only consists of video games and movies. But if anyone is ever up for shopping or going out to eat or bowling etc - I'm all for that - especially shopping =).

There are some things that I have realized in the past month or so. Will and I really do need to 'strengthen' our marriage. And I think it's mostly on my part but we both have to work together. There are some 'issues' that I have (that are too personal to mention) that I need to work out but really need help. I have even considered seeing a counselor but for now I'm trying on my own with Will being there for me and helping me. My character is all wrong to me and I want to take steps to change it as well as not let it interfere with Will's and I's relationship. ((No we're not fighting or wanting not to be together etc - it's a bit more complicated than that). This move to want to change as well as him too (me more) is actually helping us and making us even closer (and yes - I know we spend all the time possible with each other and ppl thought we couldn't get any closer but there is always room for improvement in a relationship and we still have a long way to go).

Even though we've been married for almost 5 years now we're still learning and coping with each other. Some little things we are trying to change for example:

---Trying not to raise our voices at each other when we get upset, frustrated or mad (basically keeps our cool with each other)
He is my Husband and I'm his Wife...there is no reason to raise our voices at each other...for any reason

---Communication - Talking issues out. (This ones hard for me cuz I don't talk when I'm upset) It's always one sided when it comes down to if we have a little argument. I usually clam up and stay mad while he rants on and on. Sometimes I stay mad for 2 or more days straight just because of something he said or something happened that made me upset - and it doesn't have to be just him - if an incident happens at work or elsewhere that upsets me I immediately clam up into a shell for days.

This is wrong of course since he is my Husband. He is there to help me and he is always there for me no matter what. I should NOT be ignoring him or not talking to him about something that upset me. Old habits die hard.

---Forgiveness/Letting things go. Okay, I can hold a grudge for YEARS and can always bring up the past to bring on a guilt trip to somebody. This is wrong. Especially when I do it to my own Husband! It is extremely hard for me to just let things drop. Once someone does something to hurt/upset me or even to someone close to me - I'll remember and will hold a grudge till the end of time. This one's gonna take some time so I have to start with Will first. Forgiveness is the main key here.

Which brings me to my next point,

---Never bring up the past. The past is history, the future is a mystery, and today is a gift. That is why they call it the 'present'" (Kung Fu Panda) We need to learn to just live in the moment and not think about what's ahead or things that have past. Just think about what we need to do and things we need to accomplish at that moment.


Oi there are more but some are too personal to post and are a little bit more deep. But those are some basics. Change is hard and it's not going to happen overnight even though I want it to. Sometimes it's so hard that I just break down. This usually happens when I am alone at home. Will's boss has been so kind to us and very understanding. Will has talked to his boss and he has agreed to let Will work from home on weekdays that I am off from work. This I think will help me a lot.

They are getting a laptop ready for him to use and he'll be all set to work from home and be with me at the same time. Little steps have to be taken and I have to try not to fall back down. I don't want to become a better person for the world or for my family or my friends...


I want to become a better Wife for my Husband. Because he deserves every single bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment