was my 4 year wedding anniversary on that day too! The day before hubby surprised me with a bouquet of flowers at work - he decorated the living room a bit and even got a cake! ~~~We also saw Tangled which was an awesome movie =). But the best part is that he planned to go to Luray Caverns for that weekend! 


Since he planned it out and asked if I wanted to go we both decided on a Victorian Inn. Expensive but super super cozy and worth it! By the second day there we had the whole Inn to ourselves! At first we didn't think we were at the right place cuz it was a house o.O. Originally it was a house but it was re-modified into an Inn! There were only 3 rooms total to rent. We got
the biggest one and it was in the attic. Jacuzzi, sunlit shower, sitting room, bedroom with tv - it was so romantic and cozy! The Victorian style was amazing! I think besides seeing the caverns and the rescue zoo...I loved going back to the room XD. And like I said - by the second day we had the whole Inn to ourselves! No one was there! The lady who owned it lived next door. So we had the living room, dining room and kitchen all to ourselves. Stove, fridge - everything you would find in a normal home! It was like renting the whole house lol!



As for the caverns it was AWESOME - I can't even describe how I felt as we descended the stairs into the cave. My legs started to shake (not visibly) but I could feel them! They didn't stop till near the end of the tour.
The Dream Lake was my absolute fav! And the Wishing Well - so spectacular and pretty! It's amazing whats beneath our own feet!! 




The Rescue Zoo - well of course I loved that! I got to see my favorite snake in person!! The King Cobra - most intelligent of snakes. As well as one of my favorite eagles - Golden Eagle. We also saw a tiger that was originally bottle fed and grew up in the zoo, kookaburras,
falcons, snowy owl, emu, yaks, camel, deer, goats, wallaby s, monkeys, etc ~ The Zoo is known for it's rescued animals. Most of them are there because they are injured and cannot return to the wild. Like a Lynx that was found when it was 2yrs old! It's now 24 years old and still living at that zoo! There was also a bobcat and porcupine. There would have been more animals but it was too cold so most were put inside. We'll prob go again sometime - and when it's warmer!



Overall the trip was amazing and we both loved it. Our 4yr anniversary was a definite good one ~~ so I guess it's my turn next year ^.~
~~~So I'm ready for Christmas! I got all my shopping done recently and everything is wrapped. Oi, cept for Will >.o I still need to get him his 'main' gift. But other than that ^^ good to go. Heh, heh....also kinda made him spill the beans as to what he got for Christmas XD I kind of expected it but didn't at the same time cuz it's so expensive >< =P Well I'll reveal what I got after Christmas.

The shelter has got alot going on as well! Busy weekend! It's kinda like a pet party - Santa is there, vendors, cake, hot cider and other cool stuff. But it's gonna be busy and it's my weekend to work! >.o eh, oh well...at least it'll go by quick!
No comments:
Post a Comment