Welcome ~Nya!

Jul 22, 2013


Uuuuugh -_- just when I think things are going okay it just gets even busier. There was another seizure of birds at the shelter and this time is was farm birds – and just about every kind you can think of including pigeons and quail! Over 100! x_x Horrible start to the month of July.


The weather has been just – blaaaah. So hot and humid I don’t even think about going out on the trails. I tried once when my cough was gone from being sick and the trails were just muddy as can be from the previous rain and the humid weather just makes the mud stay -_- it is NOT fun trying to jog with mud weighing down your pants. So I haven’t been in a while and it really is taking a bit of a toll on me. I played DDR to try and get the same feel but it’s not really there – I need to ‘get out’ so to speak.

Digi photo DSC03394_zpsbd774124.jpgI am down to 7 foster kittens. Five got adopted recently and then I had to take my polydactyl kitten “Digi” back to the shelter. =( I found ringworm on him. So of course I had the stress of trying to disinfect my whole freaking house. I changed out filters, bleached and we even steam cleaned/washed EVERYTHING. I even scrubbed walls. It is sad for him because he doesn't know what’s going on and it's not his fault; life just isn't fair.

*R.I.P Digi*

I picked up two bottle babies as well so we have to feed them every couple of hours. They have started showing interest in cat wet food so hopefully in a week they will be eating on their own. I also picked up another 2 kittens – one all white and one medium haired black and white ~ so cute!

Nori + Nisha                    Ruka                        Anreyu
Nori and Nisha photo NorifntNishabk_zps77a2a1ee.jpg photo DSC03584_zpsc7c4ab12.jpg photo DSC03569_zps32d06009.jpg

My opossums have been released! And all was going great and I only had the one left with the end of its tail missing. So I was treating her tail and keeping her until it healed all the way – well….that didn’t work out as planned. A big raccoon came up on the porch and just tore the whole cage down (trying to get the food inside of it.) So I wake up to the cage destroyed and my opossum gone. The wound wasn’t bad and it was almost healed all the way – I just wished I could have released her properly rather than and angry raccoon tearing her door open and scaring the crap out of her.

Stress levels are really high right now at home and at the shelter. It’s definitely showing in my eating habits, sleeping habits, and my normal habits all together. I’m really going to need a break soon x_x because I’m at that point. I may have to trudge the trails and just go with the heat, humidity, mud and all just to keep myself sane. Gonna aim for it my next day off and days after that just to get back into that routine.

On the up side, I finished my new game “Ni no Kuni” ~~ one of the best games EVER. I loved it =) Still playing Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed – that’s more of “if I feel like it” game.

Excited about our upcoming trip to Atlanta, GA! The Atlanta Zoo just had twin panda cubs born!! I hope they are ready to been seen by the public when we go in November! I’m so ready for summer to be over ~ October, November, December seem to be the better months for me for some reason o.O probably because it’s not so busy at work!! I guarantee that’s the reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment