First off I just have to say that if you didn't get a chance to see Final Fantasy Distant Worlds Orchestra then don't miss it next year because it was SO SO SO good! And next year is the 25th year anniversary for Final Fantasy so they are bound to do something big! - If you like FF then it's a must see! The display was superb and the timing of the FF game vids and clips with the orchestra was perfectly done. It was a wonderful experience and I hope to do it again =D





On top of that - Otakon was that weekend and lots of ppl in their costumes showed up to the concert. Mostly FF costumes. I highly recommend going to a FF Distant Worlds Concert if you get the chance ^.~ very cool. I also picked up the FF DVD/CD set as well as a collectors art book!






Not much going on with fosters - I've stopped taking kittens because they are all just sick - yes - still sick. The stress level for that is pretty high right now because they are all growing up and the more the grow the harder it is to adopt them out.
One of them is on Zithromax and I'm hoping it works and kicks the URI out of him - if it works then I'll have to ask or see if I can get a hold of some more because nothing else is working.We tried Clav and Doxy and they are back on Clav - we bought a humidifier (helped some but not much =/ kinda a waste - prob need a more a expensive one rather than just a $20 one). Bought an $80 air purifier that kills bacteria and viruses in the air. We've only had it a couple days and I can tell the difference in the kitten
room. The fosters really do not act sick - other than two. They bounce and play and go nuts! Literally NUTS! But regardless - if they are congested they cannot be fixed and if they can't be fixed then they can't be adopted. Adopters tend to adopt - kitten gets sick - takes FOREVER to get better and they eventually back out of the adoption....I'd rather just save myself the extra stress of dealing with people D= 
~~On a brighter note - working at the Wildlife Center is fun and great experience. I enjoy going there on my days off to help out. And all people willing to volunteer are welcome to come check it out too! A Canadian Goose just came in recently with a fractured wing - another baby squirrel that is just the cutest little thing! He sucks on your fingers while you try and feed him =3. The red shoulder hawks have been transferred and are doing great!~
Here are some pics from the center ~ and remember - if you live in the area - come check it out and maybe volunteer! Brandywine, MD







A little vid of the Osprey making their 'pig' noises! XD
Today we also went to Beltsville, MD - Wholesale Warehouse Foods..(lol a dodgy warehouse on the side of the road xD - what Will said =P) and we got.....
VIMTO!!



Its the same drink I like in England (purple one) - so tasty! The packaging may be different but the drink is the same. It's Arabic and yummy! Highly recommend it if you can find it in your area!

We picked up some other Asian foods to try and cook etc ~ can't say I'm too thrilled with
the Turkish Delight - yuck! It said 'Rose' on the packaging so I figured it was just a name they gave it...who woulda thought that eating the stuff actually tasted like you went out bought a real rose and ate it! --blahhhh!
I picked up a new kind of mochi I have yet to try - not sure on this flavor yet. And of course I picked up all kinds of daifuku and other glutinous rice things =3 as well as pork dumplings and some Lychee fruit.




Oh yeah.....
I
TOFU =3
No comments:
Post a Comment