Welcome ~Nya!

Nov 28, 2009

Hmms, this Thanksgiving wasn’t as great as the rest – no one had stuffing!! >< What is Thanksgiving without stuffing?! Come on now! So the day after Will and I got sum turkey off Grandma and made our own Thanksgiving dinner xD. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce on the side ~ that’s my perfect Thanksgiving dinner!! Also – for the first time in my life I tried quail thinking it was ham o.O it looked like ham…tasted like ham too except a bit more salty. ^_^ yay for trying new things.

99% of Christmas shopping is done! I had a budget to work with so I got all the mainfamily gifts and for the others I am going to make choc chip cookies and attach Christmas cards to the bags >.o can’t buy for everyone – I would go broke!


My kitty Tirashi (the one with the limp paw) went to the vet and got and x-ray. It appears he does have a small fracture and it will take 6 months of cage rest to get better o_o. It’s a long time and I know he won’t be a tiny kitten anymore and it’ll be harder to adopt him out, but I am going to keep him for the 6 months. Otherwise he would go night night and I’m already attatched >< so I am going to give him a chance ^^. Ugh, having a bit of trouble with a particular person. Ok people– gimmie your thoughts on this as an outsider.


One day I had to take the car to work because I needed it for a specific event. So Will stayed home without any source of transportation. After about 7 ½ hours Will calls me at work telling me that one of our foster kittens is dying and suffering. Will had already called Grandma and she said that Pap was out fixing something for someone with her only source of transportation but she would call him to tell him what was going on so he could come ASAP. Pap left what he was doing immediately and headed home but….

(He was 45 min away)

The shelter closed in a half hour and that was too long for the kitten anyway so Will called a certain someone (family member) asking for help. She was only 5 minutes away from our house (if that) and it would have only taken around 10-15 min to get the kitten to the shelter. She said she was busy and had an engagement to attend to, she said that she would call the people at her engagement to ask when they wanted her over and would call Will back.

(Her “engagement” was dinner or something at their house who happened to ALSO be family)

Will says he waited almost 15 -20 minutes before HE called her back and she declined to give him a ride. So I asked my manager if I could leave work to go pick Will up with the kitten. I drove all the way home and all the way back. RIGHT BEFORE we reached the shelter we heard the kitten squeal in pain and terror in suffering. She died before we even got her inside. I might also add that my manager and two of the techs waited and stayed after work hours for me to get back to the shelter. They gave up their personal time when truly it could have been prevented in the first place.


Now…..let me ask you this – Wouldn’t you be upset if that was your pet?
Would you help out if you knew that a kitten was suffering intensely and you could prevent it by shortening that suffering time?
Now if you are an animal hater then don’t answer because obviously you could care less if one was suffering in front of you.
If you had a choice between helping a family member that REALLY needed your help and a dying kitten between other family members who just wanted you over for dinner which would you choose to do?

Isn’t it easy to just pick up the phone – tell the other family member what is happening and say that you will be a little late getting over? (As we only needed 15min of her time).

That kitten died a horrible death which could have been prevented by that particular person. Am I right on this or am I not seeing something here? And what makes this bad to me is because her suffering was a CHOICE! That persons choice to decline Will a ride to the shelter when it wasn’t even that far away. And the fact that she never called Will back and just ‘took her time’ talking to whomever was another 15-20 minutes that kitten had to suffer.

On top of it – that person doesn’t think it was wrong and doesn’t seem to feel bad about it at all – not one bit.


*sigh* ANYWAYZ…..-_- ugh I’m sorry, I can’t forgive that unless I get a sincere apology and that person actually feels guilty for making that choice. In the future if she has a major animal emergency or person emergency then I’ll be there to help and that’s all, but other than that I’m not doing anything else. It’s not the animal’s fault so I won’t make them suffer because of her. I will help any animal I can and person if it’s a major emergency – even her.

Welp, I think that’s enough for now. It just makes me upset thinking about it ~ just gimmie ya’ll’s thoughts. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment